Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you actually " fear " anything?

Sean...you and me are in the same boat. Only difference is...I am NOT CRAZY enough to live where tornados are! I won't even barely step into the south. I am that scared of them! UGH....
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

Mr Fearless

To all you people on this thread that fear nothing, please change your logon names to what you were born with and what you use every day. If you were born with these names that you are using on this site I do apologise.
    "Yeah baby of course it real, it's all me all 12 inches of Grogan!"
    "No baby that's not a Handy Cam mounted to the ceiling, that's my new fangled smoke detector".

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    I dont put cos i am an online me. It is different from real me.
    Actually there are some forums that its mandatory to use real names and i use it in it.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

babahahahahhaha haha ahha hohohoh hahah haha hohhohohahahah online me hahahhogoohoohhoho ha ha hahhh.......hahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahha
    "Yeah baby of course it real, it's all me all 12 inches of Grogan!"
    "No baby that's not a Handy Cam mounted to the ceiling, that's my new fangled smoke detector".

Talking

I remember very well how much I was scared when I had to kiss my grand-mother on new year's eve and other occasions when I was a small kid!... I guess it was the beard! ...I think I grew out of this...And, she's been gone for a long time!
    Now ,I fear NOTHING!!!!!

Smile

My chinese horoscope says I fear abandonment by God and dissapointing God. I guess that's about right. Used to fear heights and deep water, not anymore. Poisonous snakes creep me out, but not frighten me. After combat, car and motorcycle accidents, drowning and multiple street fights, (not by choice) I get determined not frightened.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

I have one very important fear...
    Angry women
    Ever seen them in the sales?
    Ever tried telling one you forgot something important?
    Ever tried explaining exactly what you find so interesting on the other side of the street?
    Ever tried telling one you could use more time alone?

Oh i should add to that...
    Upset women
    I wont even go into that...

So errr yeah i fear women in highly strung emotional states
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

We all have fear and fears Sharky, and we all face them in different ways. Because you can face a fear, doesnt mean you arent afraid. I used to stand up to my stepfather all the time, but he scared the hell out of me. When I was shot at in Somalia, I was scared like you wouldnt believe but I did what I had to do.
    There are some situations I know I should be scared but arent, maybe just weary, like the bus stop I have to sit at for 20 minutes after my wing chun class. Rough neighborhood, but I am not scared so much as very alert.
    Fear comes in on many different levels and you may not always notice the signs, and fear can be insticntual. That adrenaline dump you describe Sharky, that is a fight or flight reaction, but they share the same bases. Just because you choose fight more then flight, it doesnt make you not scared.
    When I was in the military, a very cliche but very true thing to hear went something like "I never trust a man who says he isnt scared, because one who says he isnt scared, is too afraid to admit that he is."

yup - that's when they tend to kick you in the groin harder than those juko Kai guys

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Everyone has fear, those who say they don't haven't been faced with a fear yet in their life or are afraid to admit they have fear.

Fear is good, it tempers stupidity.

this is why you must try to face your fears, and find out what your fears are. Fear can be mild and it can be paralyzing, but it is always there. To deny this is to deny the nature of yourself. Which is ignorance unbound.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I think, perhaps, i do not recognise the difference between fear and other emotions?
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Everyone fears. A person who fears nothing is a fool.

The worst thing that another man could do to you isn't kill you. The worst thing that could happen to you is that you survive. Living the rest of your life blind? or horribly disfigured from burns? Or worse. Yes i fear. and it keeps me out of trouble.

Like i say, it came out wrong, maybe i didn't mean to say " i have no fear, me man, you woman, unF unF "

Maybe what i mean is controlling fear, like you said, fight or flight, being able to choose what to do, rather than it controlling you?

I also feel spiteful that anything should make me fear it - especially other people - i'm like " who the HELL are *they* to try and make me feel (whatever) ".

I hope maybe my meaning is a little clearer now. Although i don't think i understnad what i'm tryin to say myself.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

I fear the mullet.
    Free thinkers are dangerous!

This is a very interesting question.

I used to think I didn't fear dying, until someone stuck a gun up my nose. I was very afraid then, not paralyzed afraid, but it was SO clear to me that I did not want to make a choice that would lead to being shot dead.

I thought I was pretty much fearless after that, until the day I was in my living room in a very very very bad hurricane and I watched the wind pop the roof and suck my couch up through the hole. Then I was very afraid, again of dying, of the unknown beyond it, of running out of time. Mostly I was afraid of what were suddenly all the things I regretted in my life.

I really don't know what I fear anymore, except maybe getting buttonholed by people spraying perfume at the mall, that's really scary I know I have a good healthy fear of being cornered, that I'm hypervigilant for my personal safety and do my best not to put myself in a prey-type situation, but I figure that's just common sense, don't be a target and all that.

I can't think of anything that makes me truly paralyzingly afraid. Many things that make me sad to contemplate, and I would not want to go through them, but nothing that freaks me out or anything...
    Nolite irasci, aequiperate.