Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got into a serious car accident...I'm okay, but I've come to a decision

Thumbs up BambooLeaf

good luck in all things,

a woman is the root of a mans streanght, really know this and your life will be complet.

Ryu, bet your backs sore nowm eh; The next day...always hits when you wake up.
    Rest easy!

What if ur a woman. Or a gay woman. Har.

Love in your heart is the root, the foundation of all joy in life.

You just keep walking your path, Ryu, you're gonna be fine. You are already the man you want to be, you just don't believe it yet.
    Nolite irasci, aequiperate.

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone,
    You guys really are great.
    The car is fixable, but barely. Actually I'm not even that sore today... feels like I lifted weights or so, but nothing real bad. I slept okay too.
    Again thanks to all you guys for your wonderful posts and support.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Get your Ryu self to a doctor and have him check you out anyway.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Glad to see you're alright Ryu, and I'm happy you've found your calling. It's a shame it didn't come less painfully, I suppose, but what can ya do?

The world needs more writers and especially those like you, who really do care about what they write. Best of luck in your future endevors.

...(hey, and if you get a book deal, would ya put a kind word in for me? )
    "Let's play Soviet history-- you're Trotsky, I'm an icepick."

Glad your ok Ryu. Always try to find something good in the bad. If you do that, you will become a stronger person on the inside. When you do write that JKD book, can you send me a copy?

listen to rogue. when i crashed, my friend had his hand trapped behind the seatbelt. he went thru all teh trauma, did our exam, then his hand started hurting... he had broken his hand!

take care of urself! goto the doctor!

Edd
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Head on car crash into a wall...not a broken bone..not even a scratch?

Didnt you once have a job as a security guard??

Ryu, when was the last time you were sick???

Glad your ok man.

Badger
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

ryu ..

most traumatic experiences will leave you with an entirely new taste in your mouth. the important thing is to never forget that taste even after it has been washed down by countless other meals. your revalations will likely be intense for a good while conisdering the nature of your experience, but try to never let that go man. always keep a single word in mind that will let you go back to exactly how you feel right now. it's too easy to forget with the grind slowly mashing it out of you.

you probably already know that, but i'm no good for telling people things they don't know.
    where's my beer?

Post Ryu

Be grateful that you have recognised this. Yes, it's taken an NDE to sh!t you up, but you're an intellectual guy, you've realised that you want to make a difference, rather than just drifting; the task now is to make it happen.

Hell, give me the ISBN number and I'd buy your book!

You're a sound guy Ruy, I'm glad you're OK. Whatever you turn to, be it literature or writing or whatever, I wish you luck.
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

Originally posted by Ralek
    Wouldn't it have been funny if you had ended up in a wheel chair? Then instead of having a spiritual revelation you would have had the opposite and lashed out and started blaming other people and become bitter.

Just shows how if the near death experience is TOO traumatic it can have the opposite effect and make you a bitter, sullen person. If i were in a wheel chair i would probably kill myself.
    If only we were so lucky...
    "Let's play Soviet history-- you're Trotsky, I'm an icepick."

Renegade monk is deleting my posts again.

So if you, Ralek, aren't a little bitter troll in a wheelchair who lies on the internet just to pretend you have a modicum of a life, what then is your excuse?

Renegade Monk is deleteing your posts because you contribute nothing, much like the effect you have on your mother's life aside from the painkiller addiction.

Glad you are OK by the way, Ryu. Keep an eye on yourself for a few days though.
    "I'll use my bare hands...against any weapon!"

We are trained in wushu. We must defend the Temple!

I'm glad your OK Ryu. But instead of having a spiritual revelation about being non-violent i think you should compete in NHB or do some challenge matches. How can you truly hone your skill without having some real fights in a safe environment? It's the best way to test your fighting.

where's my beer?