Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Choy Lay Fut (Tat Mau Wong)

Hybrid View

Tat Mau Wong Panther Video Question

An old training borther of mine stopped by and dropped off one of Wong Sifu's Panther Videos, because he has since quit KF.

Anyway, it is tape 3 (5 Animal Form and Tuet Jin Hand Form)

Anyone know what Tuet Jin means in English?

I already checked DFW's website (cause he has a lot of forms listed), but it wasn't there. There was something close

Quote Originally Posted by www.plumblossom.net
    Iron Arrow Long Fist Form (Tit Jin Cheong Kuen) 鐡箭長拳
    But I wasn't sure if this was the same thing? Any of my fellow CLF'ers know the answer?
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Blog Entries
    Tid Jin Cheung Kuen and Tuet Jin Kuen mean totally different things.

Tid Jin Cheung Kuen=Iron Arrow Long Fist

Tuet Jin Kuen=Break Hold Fist

I also refer to it as "Escape the Circle" Fist because some of the techniques are designed to get you out of a circle of attackers.

This name similarity had me confused for a long time.

FP

Gracias Fu-Pow
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

erm, our school used to call it - "the great escape form" - this came from master LKH circa 1987. I have a home video tape from master LKH which was made during that time, where they zoom into a peace of paper with the names of the forms performed. On that it says its called 'war escape form'. Fu pows breaking holds fist is probably the closest.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Breaking holds is a definition that Lily Lau uses for their form that shares the same name. When I asked my wife to translate it she kept saying something about going to war or into a battle. She can be a pain in the arse when trying to get something translated.

Tat Mau Wong Distance Learning VHS!

Hi, if anyone has Tat Mau Wong Choy Lay Fut Distance Learning VHS series, please reply to my thread. I'll buy the if the price is reasonable enough. Thx!

VHS????? Wong Sifu needs to get with the times!!!!

-David
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias
    This was a case of operator error.

Well, I don't know if they have DVD format for the Distance Learning titles. I'm trying to look everywhere but can't find them, even on Ebay.

This is the link but they don't sell them anymore: http://www.tatwong.com/distance.php