Thread: I have to get surgery... :-(

I have to get surgery... :-(

Man, my elbows been injured in december, and i went to the physiotherapist, and she said there was soething in my elbow joint, either a litle piece of bone, or scar tissue, and i haveto get it whatever's in there removed.

I'm not lookin forward to the surgery. It's not a huge surgery, but it's still ****ing surgery.

Hell.
    "The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you."

"Fighting is not hitting, any fool can hit. Fighting is making the other guy miss. He misses, he gets scarred."

"Nudity and violence are what make a good movie. Violent lesbian nudity makes a great movie." - GDA

- Where's my Mook?

Sincrely sorry to hear of the problem. If you can ,get two different
    M.D. opinions before surgery. Canadian he;ath sytem is different from US so I dont know the procedural details on getting second opinions.

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck for a speedy recovery.

FWIW, my classmates have a pin needed to be inserted into a broken hand and a similar problem to yours.

I wish you a good and fast recovery.

I had Major Reconstructive Bowl Surgery back in 1998 it destroyed my martial arts practicing i dont know for sure if i will ever be able to practice martial arts again .

All experiences in life are a journey. Rather than looking at the negitives, take it as an experince and know after you have made a recovery, you will be much better for it. As with all things in life, they could be worse. You could have been born with no arms for instance.
    Peace
    -Bernard

Good luck homie...
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

If Wing Chun was a man, he would be The Man...

thnkas for the replies guys. yeah i can't wait to get it over with, i still haven't scheduled it, but the sooner the better, i can't wait to practice MA the way i want to again. Right now i have to do it slow so i don't casue myself pain.

It's not a huge thing. I'll go in and be out in like a half hour or somethin. I may not even need surgery becasue if it's just scar tissue from when i originally injured my elbow, they will just give me a shot of cortizone (lubricant) which will stop the scar tissue from rubbing in the joint. But if there is a little piece in bone there, then they'll make a little cut and take it out.
    Last edited by Jeff Liboiron; 03-17-2002 at 12:15 PM.
    "The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you."

"Fighting is not hitting, any fool can hit. Fighting is making the other guy miss. He misses, he gets scarred."

"Nudity and violence are what make a good movie. Violent lesbian nudity makes a great movie." - GDA

- Where's my Mook?