Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What the hells the difference between Gung fu and Kung fu

Tempeh Kung Fu IS legit, you philistine!

I personally like it with a little hotsauce on the side for dipping, but that's just my Latin upbringing.
    Nolite irasci, aequiperate.

Wow, I've never been called a philistine before
    Tinman, I doubt you have anything to base your statements on
    Is it just me, or is his writing style a lot like ralek's? Since ralek was finaly revealed for the fraud he is, maybe he's moved on to a new persona.

i beat up a gojuryu guy this week. we joined the same karate class like a year ago, he always kicked my ass in sparring, so i was like F*uck karate, i'm doing gung fu. So i've been training 5 months, he's been training for 2 years, and i whooped him.

I mean, i respect karate lots, and it's true practitioners, so don't get me wrong.

Why do you come on a kung fu forum to put down kung fu? go beat off with your karate friends you f*ucking troll.
    "The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you."

"Fighting is not hitting, any fool can hit. Fighting is making the other guy miss. He misses, he gets scarred."

"Nudity and violence are what make a good movie. Violent lesbian nudity makes a great movie." - GDA

- Where's my Mook?

Guy's like tind*ick who talk **** about how their art is the best, and don't respect other arts, are always the people that make the worst martial artists, if we can call these people martial artists. Tind*ick, you should just quit and take up knitting.
    "The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you."

"Fighting is not hitting, any fool can hit. Fighting is making the other guy miss. He misses, he gets scarred."

"Nudity and violence are what make a good movie. Violent lesbian nudity makes a great movie." - GDA

- Where's my Mook?

Originally posted by Tinman
    "You are just practicing a watered down version of kung fu"

No
    I'm practicing a,perfected over time version of kung fu called Karate.A version that is more effective.A version that is direct and to the point.

Bwahahahahahahahaha

You are pathetic. It is a shame when people have to resort to such numbskullery just to cover their lack of skill. You probably coundn't fight your way out of a wet paper house.

"Uh Uh I can get five on you before you get one on me."

Loogeys don't count. I hope you cacn back that up.

"Uh Uh Uh The simplistic block punch step routine I do in 100% of the forms I do is enough"

If your fighting a know nothing, maybe.

"Uh Uh uh uh I'm secretly intimidated by kung fu so I have to make like I'm superior."

You're doing a bang up job.

"Uh uH uh uh uh uh There are no direct strikes in kung fu"

Hey, I want some of what you're smoking.

"uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh"

Don't be so ready to believe your teachers propaganda.

If my kung fu is ballet then your katare is square dancing.

Note: The above is directed to the very stupid individual makeing claims above not to karate in general. Real karate practitioners know better than to disrespect other arts. REAL karate practitioners know that as humans we all do pretty much the same stuff.

holy shnikes. i actually agree with sifu abel. (especially that part about square dancing. no disrespect to karate, but only to the renob who brought this crap up).

i guess that makes up for me even quoting someone who would defend temple kung fu.

i apologize for the transgression. it's wholly inappropriate for the present, albeit interim, of the international coalition for the mockery of temple kung fu.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Originally posted by Tinman
    By the time your ready to strike after waving your hands all around like ballet.I already got 5 direct strikes on you.
    and yes I love and respect my art.
    You obviously haven't seen my 'pirouette of death'!

Angry

Shhhh!!! The pirouette of death is a closed door secret!!
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Angry

You might wave your hands around and overexagerate moves in FORMS to make the application easier. When a gong fu practicioner prepares for a fight im sure as he wont no flail his arms unless hes a god**** *******. And let me ask you something? If the japanese where passed knowledge of chinese martial arts and they improved on them, think of how much the arts improved by themselves by the original masters who concieved the art and refined it alread for years. I practiced kenpo karate for 3 years before taking up Hung gar and i have noticed the only difference between karate and kung fu are usually superficial. They both keep you healthy and they both teach you how to fight its just a choice of which you like to practice and i get much more out of practincing Chinese gong fu.
    With Guillotine swiftness
    MY BODY AND SOUL IN HARMONY

guohuen

I am sorry master *kow tow* - For my punishmentI will go practice 100 patty-cake palms with Jon.

Tinman is the Karate version of Ralek!

I always thought Gung Fu is how it's spelled, and Kung Fu is how it's pronounced.

Red face

You must now practice "Precious Child plays Patty cake" with Jon until one of you needs a Perrier.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

"By the time your ready to strike after waving your hands all around like ballet.I already got 5 direct strikes on you".

By the time you scream KIAI!! like a little girl I'll have your mouth stuffed with a few Beng Quans...

Please, learn something about the thing you want to criticize before you start doing it...you don't even know the difference between Kung Fu and Gung Fu...how are you supposed to know anything else?

Naughty, naughty troll
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

Jas is latino?!??!
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Jas is a woman, Sharky, which makes her LatinA, not LatinO.

That's if you don't want to p!ss her off, of course. If you do, she's a spic, regardless of gender.

Just like me - I prefer "Red Sea Pedestrian," but if you wanna get me mad, call me a Kike.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.