Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tsui Hark's 'Zu Warriors'

Tsui Hark's 'Zu Warriors'

Check out this comming attractions clip for the next Tsui Hark kung-fu fantasy film.
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/zu_warriors.html

It looks pretty good.
    No brag, just fact.

It's good to see asian m/a films with 21st century special effects and action sequences.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

I just hope this whole venue isn't played out by the time I finish my book.

action from start to finish, but only one actual "kung fu fight" and it was heavy on the wire work. The stoey is all over the place and like a hundred characters. The sfx were well done tho… i give it 6 out of 10, but these are just my opinions check it out for yourself…

The movie is not that good though: As stated before, the story is all over the place and the movie is so short that you don't really care about the characters or anything.

IMHO, a very bad choice to release over here.

Thumbs down

looks gay
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    Im waiting for the trailer to load...

please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly, please dont fly.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    Oh ****! They flyed, and worse than in CTHD
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

This is an old movie ain't it!?
    A

I believe it's a remake of an older one. For certain, I saw Zu, Warriors of the Magic Mountain years ago. But my Longhorn Tsui has apparently decided to do it again with better fx.

And dangit, what do you expect from a kungfu fantasy picture except flying heroes?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

It's not just a remake, it's a true sequel, although quite independent (you do not need to see the first one).
    They don't just fly around, but also possess powers that would make Son Goku jealous...
    The story line is intricate and epileptic, western viewers not accustomed to typical chinese wu xia pian beware, you might not swallow it!!!
    There is only one "down to earth" sword scene, the rest is battles of super powers and magical weapons...
    Zhang ZiYi plays a microscopic part in it...she is even heavily backed up by a double in the aformentionned sword fight (accckkkkk, I scold myself every time "DO NOT USE THE DVD SLOW-MO function, or your childhood illusions will jut fade"...like they did when I analyzed Jacky's pa*****o room fight in Thunderbolt).
    But overall I really enjoyed it, it's a unique movie with great andbold ideas and an undeniable plastic beauty...
    You don't have to love it, but at least go see it if you don't want to die ignorant

And go see Shaolin soccer too (aka Kung Fu soccer in the US)
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

I agree with Crimson Phoenix. It's a good movie if you like fantasy/fiction (wu xian pan). I really liked it. I feel so amazed when i see movies like this with all the effects: they're really cool. Simple things amuse simple minds i guess

Ekin Cheng seems ot be making a name for himself with these kinda movies (also "A Man Called Hero" and "Stormriders" which were great!).

They were all made at least 1 or 2 years ago though. It does take time for HK movies to make it this far West

As for Shaolin Soccer --->

david

Thumbs down

It's still gay
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

what was the last good movie you saw then?

david

Magical powers! Cool weapons and flying!! YEAH!!

I love stuff like this. It tickles my imagination.