Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reserving ... um ... jing (?)

it is easy to blame media. no one wants to face up for themselves. at the same time, this country enables people to shift blame. like when dude goes out and murders someone, then pleads insanity. "it's not my fault, i'm insane". and you got lawyers that will bust a$$ to prove that.

this is OT of the celibacy issue (but not really in the end), but what's the deal with newspapers and tv being all about who was killed, who got raped, who's been arrested for stealing money from the elderly, etc? we as a people aren't only bombarded with sexual undertones, but violent ones as well. i never read the paper (except for sports) or watch news on tv (except for sports), cuz i never see positive things. it's all one big negative tidal wave that won't stop breaking on people's heads. war, murder, injustice, anger, negativity.

practicing celibacy isn't hard. i'm not going against my urges for sex because they aren't strong enough to be termed "going against" in the first place. maybe it's partly because i'm disappointed with how people are so hung up on it, and how our culture in stuck in it...that and violence....that practicing celibacy is in some way cleaning my conscious of our cultures illnesses. one can flip it and say "yea, but why practice martial arts if you are against violence?" partly because i gain the peace of mind in knowing i can properly and efficiently defend me and my family's lives from the sensless violence that our culture is preoccupied with, if it should manifest as an attacker, bugler, mugger, terrorist, etc.

as evolution said, i think you can't blame a video game or tv show for some kid flippin out and killing. but at the same time the violent input is so great on kids today (tv, video games, news, movies) that it's almost like what other output could be expected? so while i can't blame tv and all that, i'm not suprised that it happens due to tv and all that.

evolution fist, we should meet up at washington sq sometime and play chess.
    Last edited by Justa Man; 02-22-2002 at 11:59 AM.
    only gin and tang guzzle out a rusty tin can, me and this mic is like yin and yang

Always down for chess. I just got back to playing at gamecolony.com, but they start you ate 1400 and then I got housed by two 1900 players in spedd chess so I'm down to a 1385 rating.

I like playing 5 mintues games. But I'll play anything. I used to go to the CHess forum on Thompson st too -- right by the park.

Back to the media though. We all wanted to hear and see when "Sept. 11th" was taking place. We like to see when we play war in the dessert. We like to see what happned with OJ,n ect.

We can't pick and choose, because then we limit and censor the media, that could be dangerous as well.

What we need are better parents, so they raise children you can think for themselves, be secure with themselves and the world around them. I for one and thankful for mine. My mother died young but she did a good job while she had me. I grew up ina place that offred a lot of "distractions" if you know what I mean. Martial Arts had no small part in keeping me clear of all that. And it wasn't till I gave it up and strated playing ball that I did enter that world a bit. Glad I made it out OK, myself, a person with a kind heart willing to help out.

Anyway, I agree to a point, about the media, that too much is too much, I for one don't care what celebrity is doing H, or fooling around with who. Don;t care.

But I want to know when someone's hiding 230 bodies, when Bush visits China, China's response to our policies. As a writer, even a citizen, I like to know. I check out cnn.com fist thing in the morning while having breakfast here at work. Then I come here. Now I'm going to go play a game of chess and maybe even get some work done.

God bless America.

yo Ev...i pm'ed you.
    only gin and tang guzzle out a rusty tin can, me and this mic is like yin and yang

Cool Fa-jing

When you can go 100 days then you have a record.

Damian

Usurped!!!!

-FJ

Originally posted by fa_jing
    My record still stands, I see. Just a challenge to you guys to beat my 37 days with no emissions.
    For what it's worth, when I first went to college, I had no emissions (as you put it) between when I arrived and when I went home on fall break, about 7 weeks. That would be about 50 days, give or take a bit. I haven't gone that long ever since though. A few days to a week maybe isn't really any problem for me should I choose that. Longer would require a little more dedication to the decision though. If I did it before though, I'm sure I could do it again.

Originally posted by fa_jing
    This may go against everything I've said so far, but after 1 year with no sex IMO you are allowed to get a hooker.
    Oh, I've been going *much* longer than that without sex. Without emissions, no, but without sex, yes. This is a bit of a touchy subject for me though, so I'll leave it at that.

a bit touchy? yea, i bet it is.
    so it's been about 6 weeks now, i think. i can't really say i've had too tough a time with it. ok, only 34+ months to go. how is everyone else holing up that took the oath?

good news for me is that my girl friend said that I don't turn her on anymore. So I can finally do this. Yay!

Wink

Thanks for the laugh.

This is good?
    enjoy life

It is important to build up a means of meditation if you are actually going to do anything useful with this stored up sexual energy. Otherwise you will just end up losing a good portion of it through buildup and nocturnal emission.

Cool Nexus - Reserving ...Jing

I am in agreement with Nexus. In order to complete the 100 ordeal (my wife was haapy too) you need to mediate and do Qigong exercise otherwise the training is for nothing.

Damian

Greetings..

Interesting post.. interesting perceptions.. it seems that many of my students that start this path focus on the abstinence rather than on the process.. if you understand the process you will have little time to focus on missing out on self-gratification (partnered or unilateral).. just as in the "tea parable", why keep pouring tea into a full cup?.. when nature signals you that the "cup" is full (nocturnal emissions), favor the balance of yin/yang.. share the experience with a partner just as the design and function of the body suggests.. There is a great body of Tantric discipline that compliments the paths we have chosen..

Now, at age 51, it is easier to go 3,4 or as much as 6 months without emitting (but, not without making love).. here, i refer those interested to the Tantric disciplines.. Making love can, and should be, balanced between physical and spiritual union.. Partners that share the same understandings, same paths/goals can support each other.. they can build technique and sex into a most powerful meditation, a yin and yang merging that forms a more complete Whole, the two merge as One, a higher being.. a prolonged orgasmic experience (2-4 hours) that need not conclude in a lot of squirting and squirming.. rather, the experience is a portal into higher perceptions of our potential..

Here, is where we make difficult choices.. to submit to socially indoctrinated images of partners dominated by sex.. or, choosing partners according to common purpose, according to principles beyond the standard visual/tactile stimulation implied by society.. In other words, we must be willing to comitt to the path fully, including wisely choosing partners..

If you're counting or keeping score i think you may be veering off-course, nature will let you know what the score is.. By the way, i began this discipline of self-control in the early '80s, and the rewards are clear and worth the effort.. (and, when nature clues you that the time is right for expressing your "fullness", it transcends any of the "back-seat" adventures of my youth)..

be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Cool TaiChiBob - Reserving....Jing

Both you and Nexus make me feel like I need to back to college to learn how to write again. It has been a long time. Anyway, being 55 what you say is true, the older you are the longer you can abstain from sexual in....course. And again I am in agreement with you if you are saying that you can make love without ejaculation. And it goes without saying that the most beautiful girls in the world are not necessarily the best lovers. TaiChiBob, I enjoyed your "two cents".

Damian

Stacey Guest
    38 days? Hmmm...sounds like a bad movie I heard about. Well, I think it might be easier in winter than spring. Way of nature and all. The trouble with lots of excercise with me is that it up the testosterone and makes me *****. Its the whole grrr.. feeling the get after doing say, 100 push ups.

I have one thing in the daoist arts correct...the whatever attitude. because I wont be flying on Wu Dan mountain any time soon.

The score thing is just a challenge, like I said I'm used to dealing with close-minded doubters. Obviously it's a personal endeavour, and depends on the stimulus you may have in your life. I will say that I feel I have completely conquered, acquired the ability to subordinate the sex urge within myself if I desire to do so. And going 37 days made me feel this way while going 21 days, my previous best still had left me with a doubt or two. Many Taoist and Indian sources agree that it is normal healthy function of a man to "emit," nocturnal or otherwise every 30 days or so.
    I also agree, this is to be practiced in conjuction with still and moving meditiation, as well as normal vigorous exercise if the full benefit is to be realized.

-FJ