Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardowork108 finally put a clip up!

PS: in my last post to you or about you not only am I telling you to go fuck yourself you pathetic coward and piece of shit, but I'm also no ignoring you

This message is hidden because Hardwork108 is on your ignore list.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

So we're all done, then!

HOORAY!!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

*sipping morning yerba mate*

it's never truly done.

*takes another sip of yerba mate*

i love how people lose control and resort to blantant name calling and personal insults... very mature.

*takes another sip*

ahhhhh... anyone else drink yerba mate??

wait wait wait before this ends

just one thing, why does practising more than one MA make you a jack of all trades?

surely you can master them both (even though i dislike the term master)
    if buddhist monks can remember the sutra's off by heart then i'm sure mastering more than one martial art is far from impossible.

also wouldnt practising one martial art make you less able to talk about it in a realistic way, how can you be realisitic about what you practise when you have nothign to compare it to? and you obviously cant compare what you do to any other martial art because you have no background in it ?

everyone has been mixing their fighting skills since the dawn of time, but suddenly it scares a whole load of little guys who are "authentic" and "real"

point is that a mix of martial styles will beat just one 95% of the time
    why cant people get to grips with that ? its just logic 2 heads are better than one
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

donkey boner!
    yes.

nothing wrong with learning many styles, but today it seem to mean jujitsu, sambo, boxing,, sanda, muay muay
    Last edited by bawang; 03-05-2009 at 06:48 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    wait wait wait before this ends

just one thing, why does practising more than one MA make you a jack of all trades?
    It never has.
    The history of ALL TMA is full of people cross training in other systems, typically in their 20's and 30's, in their development stages, when you are suppose to do this.
    To be honest, no one really knows when this view of "One MA for life, all other suck", came about, it certainly wasn't and isn't a "traditional" view.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The history of ALL TMA is full of people cross training in other systems, typically in their 20's and 30's, in their development stages, when you are suppose to do this.
    To be honest, no one really knows when this view of "One MA for life, all other suck", came about, it certainly wasn't and isn't a "traditional" view.
    It is conflating loyalty with Confucian values: "Yut yat wai si, zong san wai fu" (One day as a teacher, one lifetime as a father). In practice real martial artists were training with quality teachers whenever they came across them or actively sought them out.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    It never has.
    "One MA for life, all other suck" is a very recent invention, about 1960;s when some dogs began to teach westerners purely for money, in china i never hear of that idea
    you dont stay in the same school for love of the style, you stay in the same school because you love your sifu
    form as training is also a recent invention, when i started traiin 6 years ago from my grandfather and his friends, never heard of forms until i come to canada
    Last edited by bawang; 03-05-2009 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    It is conflating loyalty with Confucian values: "Yut yat wai si, zong san wai fu" (One day as a teacher, one lifetime as a father). In practice real martial artists were training with quality teachers whenever they came across them or actively sought them out.
    Very true, I know in my case, my "cross traning" came to be via necessity, I moved around a lot and had to train in the systems that were availble.
    I still tend to drift to the hard contact systems though.
    My first system was Hung Kuen and even though I was young ( 8) and was only allowed to do drills and such, I saw the hard contact of the adults and wanted that, big time.
    When I moved to Portugal in 82, I started up in Okinawan Goju/kyokushin mix because it was just that, hardcore.
    I did boxing and judo too because they were closer than the Karate dojo and on the says I couldn't go, they filled the gap.
    Etc, etc and such.
    But I never stopped doing HK when I was doing Karate ( similar enough), you never really stop doing your core system, no matter what else you may add along the way, some people forget that.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    LOL! CMA has always been a jack-of-all-trades approach!

Kick, punch, throw, lock...
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

If you have had any real contact with any of the real "masters" you'd know that they all studied many methods and that what they teach is always reflective of this cross training

PERIOD

I could rattle off a LONG LIST of "respected masters" who have backgrounds in 4 to 7 styles

Also, I should mention that people we now call "masters" often started teaching with between 5 and 7 years training.... "masters" only exist in the mind of westerners

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

"qi men ba pai" , "si shi wu liu"
    learning from 7 doors and 8 pais, learning from 4 families and 5 sects, they are compliments in the wu lin

you learn from as many people as you can and create your new style, if u beat many challengers you will have a lineage

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Also, I should mention that people we now call "masters" often started teaching with between 5 and 7 years training....
    Well HW is getting close, he has 2 whole years of training.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote from the webpage provided by MK.

The fighting range includes traditional Wing Chun ground fighting, which uses this style's techniques within its concepts and principles, without borrowing from other arts.
    I'd personally (as somebody who does a lot of ground fighting) like to see this. Video please.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    "One MA for life, all other suck" is a very recent invention, about 1960;s when some dogs began to teach westerners purely for money, in china i never hear of that idea
    you dont stay in the same school for love of the style, you stay in the same school because you love your sifu
    form as training is also a recent invention, when i started traiin 6 years ago from my grandfather and his friends, never heard of forms until i come to canada
    This is very true.

Furthermore most of the wushu training in Chinese PE classes is Sanda training that is indistinguishable from "kick boxing".
    Last edited by SimonM; 03-05-2009 at 07:58 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Quote from the webpage provided by MK.

I'd personally (as somebody who does a lot of ground fighting) like to see this. Video please.
    Kicking someone from your back while they are standing over you can be considered "ground fighting", but more often then not, when an "advanced ground fighting method" is "rediscovered" in a TCMA, it is because someone just bought some DVD's