Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The KFM fitness challange results thread

screw pullups...

I did 15...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

crunches 63

I never do crunches........
    Bless you

then do situps, sissy boy...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    then do situps, sissy boy...
    I'd rather lift something heavy ya Vincent Price sound-alike!
    Bless you

THE FLUTTER KICK!

IN CADENCE, EXERCISE!

I smoke the bejeebus out of troopies with that one, just to see who can hang.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

WHAT NEXT?

I'm doing my finals and then traveling, so I won't have too much time to keep up. I think we should do maybe another exercise, then come back and see how we all improve. We should also talk about the method used for improvement, or stagnation. This will be easy for those of us who keep logs.
    Bless you

flexabilty???
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

Yea flexibility is cool

We should post up our current flexibility and then a target to reach. Would be a good incentive to dedicate the time to box splits.

Or pressups on fingers....so aim for like 10 pressups on the least amount of fingers as possible

craig

OK OK Now we're talking!

Finally got round to getting some time to train! I know what people say about always being able to fit in SOME training... but, well, they're wrong.

Anyway, got a lot of training plans this break so don't want to stick just to the KFM challenge 'program'... and so, did it all at once!

Push-ups: 44 Pathetic! And about 20 below my PB for 60 secs... still that's what you get for not training for a couple of months.
    Squats: 37 The push-ups, fair enough but not happy with this number of squats even given the knee twinges. Oh well, gives me something to work on.
    Crunches: 62 Nobbad I spose. 30/45 degs, shoulder blades just off the floor.
    Pull-ups: 6. Yep, you read it right! Disappointed but not in myself: disappointed that the bar I've been sizing up to do pull-ups on doesn't let my ****ing knees clear the ground... back to the drawing board. That's the trouble with living in a country full of very small people, with an obsession about tree surgery on low-hanging park branches. I **** you not, there is nowhere!

45 secs break between each set, but the break before the pull-ups consisted of sprinting 30 m and down 3 flights of stairs...

Fun fun fun,

more stuff to aim for this year.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

What's next?

One-legged squats?

Bulgarian split squats?

Burpees?

Sprawl drills?

DL drills?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

This should be next:

Quote Originally Posted by Cosgrove
    Equipment needed: One pair of moderately heavy dumbbells (optional).

This routine needs to be done to be appreciated. You won't truly "get it" by reading about it.

Start the stopwatch:

1A: Squats (hold the dumbbells at your sides): Perform 24 reps, making sure to break parallel with every rep.

1B: Alternating lunges: 12 reps each leg. Make sure to use a maximal range of motion.

1C: Drop the dumbbells (unless you're psycho) and switch to alternating lunge jumps. Do 12 reps per leg. Get as high as you can and switch legs in the air. King Kong didn't just jump on your back, although it might feel like it!

1D: Squat jumps: Make sure you still get below parallel and get off the floor as high as you can. Perform 24 reps.

Stop the clock! You should be under two minutes for the set.

Rest half the time it took you to complete the circuit and then repeat it. Cursing me and my entire Scottish heritage is normal at this point. If you're able to complete the entire circuit in under 90 seconds, then start doing two circuits back to back.
    From here.

That'll sort the men from the boys. I'm a boy. Or worse yet, a girl in a frilly dress as Cosgrove likes to put it...

You don't need to do it with weights, but if you do, put up your weights, and of course, let us know if you manage to finish it (that's the two sets don't forget). Bwuha. Bwuhaha. C'mon then lads, up and at 'em!!!

wtf how did I miss this contest? I would've played!
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    wtf how did I miss this contest? I would've played!
    It's not a contest, and you can still do it.

So far it's how many of the following you can do in 60 secs:

push-ups
    squats
    sit-ups/crunches
    dead hang pull-ups

...and then by all means make your suggestion for the next exercise.

Everyone given up or what?

C'mon, let's get some training pzazz back in the new year!

Bodhitree: put this up in your first post - I think it's accurate;

Top scores:

Push-ups
    1) Sevenstar 83
    2) Sanjuro Ronin 76
    3) Viper 60

Pull-ups
    1) Viper 20
    2) Shaloin Wookie 16
    3) Bodhitree/Sevenstar 15

Squats
    1) Viper 76
    2) Sevenstar 73
    3) Bodhitree 68

Crunches
    1) Sevenstar 105
    2) Viper 84
    3) Bodhitree 63

Dunno, maybe you'd better wait for Ironfist's results...!