Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: are troll stylists selling out?

Scott, you make good points but your use of exclamatory punctuation makes my teeth hurt.

You're like SPJ on a prozac-ritalin blend. It won't be long before the forum sucks the sunshine out of your soul.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

They are blinded. They finally saw someone winning and were willing to worship him as a CMA hero. They get annoyed if you point out Cung Le is a TKD fighter and high school wrestler first and foremost and try to draw parallels on how similar it is to traditional kung fu. Everything is similar becuase we all have 2 arms and 2 legs, yet the style of TKD is not kung fu even though a kick may be a kick, and a punch is a punch. He is a TKD hero and i ackknowledge his skill in a sport setting.

Yes Cung Le is a SPORT hero. But not a fighting hero. People can be some of the best fighters in the world but lose in the street. Look at Fernando Vargas. Champion of the world in boxing, then gets beat to a pulp in a street fight.

I had sunshine in my soul?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    I had sunshine in my soul?

you? no... haggis maybe, or ammonium nitrate.... but not sunshine.

www.curious3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout
    They are blinded. They finally saw someone winning and were willing to worship him as a CMA hero. They get annoyed if you point out Cung Le is a TKD fighter and high school wrestler first and foremost and try to draw parallels on how similar it is to traditional kung fu. Everything is similar becuase we all have 2 arms and 2 legs, yet the style of TKD is not kung fu even though a kick may be a kick, and a punch is a punch. He is a TKD hero and i ackknowledge his skill in a sport setting.

Yes Cung Le is a SPORT hero. But not a fighting hero. People can be some of the best fighters in the world but lose in the street. Look at Fernando Vargas. Champion of the world in boxing, then gets beat to a pulp in a street fight.
    I think you should read "Chinese Fast Wrestling for Fighting" before you label single & double leg takedowns as 'high school wrestling.' Those moves are in shuai chiao.

OK on to the rest. First I don't care if Cung Le learned from TKD at first. When he stepped into the san shou competition circuit he started participating in something that is CMA. San shou is a basic format and it allows people from all over to develop their skills in a sport environment. Sport is important. Yes CMA is more than sport - but sports aren't bad things. Cung Le is helping to promote san shou and that helps us all. Just as if he was promoting shuai chiao tournaments. San shou is helping to further traditional CMA. They both can feed from each other.

I don't really care who wins at san shou - I care that it gets promoted. Why do you even care what his background was before san shou?

Actually, I taught Chris a whole series of special Chi KUng postures....

Lo Han accepts a red envelope

Immortal drinks double Latte

Furry Weasal jumps in a hole

Giant Bear drops chi in forest...

real secret stuff
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc

Lo Han accepts a red envelope

Immortal drinks double Latte

Furry Weasal jumps in a hole

Giant Bear drops chi in forest...

real secret stuff
    Lol. Reminds me of a particularly eventful weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc

...Giant Bear drops chi in forest...
    My Sifu knows that one...

www.curious3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by northernArts
    I think you should read "Chinese Fast Wrestling for Fighting" before you label single & double leg takedowns as 'high school wrestling.' Those moves are in shuai chiao.

OK on to the rest. First I don't care if Cung Le learned from TKD at first. When he stepped into the san shou competition circuit he started participating in something that is CMA. San shou is a basic format and it allows people from all over to develop their skills in a sport environment. Sport is important. Yes CMA is more than sport - but sports aren't bad things. Cung Le is helping to promote san shou and that helps us all. Just as if he was promoting shuai chiao tournaments. San shou is helping to further traditional CMA. They both can feed from each other.

I don't really care who wins at san shou - I care that it gets promoted. Why do you even care what his background was before san shou?

As i said before, all sytles tend to have a punch, but they are not the same style just becuase they close a fist and hit people. Shuai chiao may have takedowns, but Cung Le has been doing american folkstyle wrestling since he was a kid. He represents wrestling.

He started participating in CMA? You said san shou was just a format. Or a set of rules? He is beating you at your own game using TKD and wrestling. This is not becuase TKD is superior. It is becuase TKD and wrestling are DESIGNED for a sport setting. Ever see him do a flying scissors takedown? that's from TKD. But many times he ends up on his back and the other guy is able to stand up before him. Not very wise in the street.

The ha gow tin stacking I deny any responsibility for... it's clearly a genetic trait from "your people"... you just weren't aware they were "your people" until you were an adult

The sclaes? Well, can you fly yet? get back to me when you can fly!

Oh, regarding OCD, do you know that they have diagnosed the nerological sydrome that causes it (originates it), and like all latin long names it has an acronym

P.A.N.D.A.S

Pandas!

So blame Ling Ling of Xing xing for it!

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Wait, did you say you LOST the urge to stack?

Don't sit there, go to the ER immediately! And if something starts sticking out of you lower abdomen, grab a knife and take a deep breath

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout
    As i said before, all sytles tend to have a punch, but they are not the same style just becuase they close a fist and hit people. Shuai chiao may have takedowns, but Cung Le has been doing american folkstyle wrestling since he was a kid. He represents wrestling.

He started participating in CMA? You said san shou was just a format. Or a set of rules? He is beating you at your own game using TKD and wrestling. This is not becuase TKD is superior. It is becuase TKD and wrestling are DESIGNED for a sport setting. Ever see him do a flying scissors takedown? that's from TKD. But many times he ends up on his back and the other guy is able to stand up before him. Not very wise in the street.
    Well it is true that different styles create power differently - but no one owns particular techniques. I mean what is the difference between a double leg takedown in shuai chiao and a double leg takedown in american folk wrestling? I don't know shuai chiao - maybe they create power or move in a different way than folk style american wrestling. As for the scissors takedown there is one exactly like it in the koy moon/opening the door form of northern shaolin.

Maybe Cung Le had a san shou coach that taught him i- that's what I was trying to say before. If not I still don't care because he is promoting san shou and in the long run that will help people in CMA - it will give them a sport to do on the side - a place where they can test things because it allows grappling. So if CMA is suffering because it lacks this place for testing and sport it will be helped by san shou.

I don't need to see anyone come forward to vindicate CMA in san shou. But if you do then good for you. San shou gives CMA people an alternative to the UFC events. I'm happy about that.

When real kung fu is mastered, no can defend

you learn to levitate and double kick

like this

http://ca1n.c.yimg.jp/sports/sn20050...im00019865.jpg

Hi Chris,

Scenario 1:

Cat (Troll) puts out bait:

“The world is flat!!!!”

Response:

Result: Cat plays alone!!

Scenario 2:

Cat (Troll) puts out bait: “The world is flat!!”

Tiger (Educated, Articulate, Mature): Eratosthenes of Cyrene in approximately the year 220 B.C. estimated the diameter of the earth by measuring the angle of the shadow of the sun down two wells in Egypt and using simple geometry…..

Result: Tiger plays with Cat until he gets tired, then goes to sleep!

Scenarios 3:

Cat (Troll) puts out bait: “The world is flat!”

Mouse (Mental Midget, Inarticulate, Immature, Self Appointed Arbiter of Intelligent Comments):

“Hey there Mr. Cat, you’re a Troll!!

Cat: “Well you do realize that there are many besides myself who believe the world is flat!!”

Mouse 1: “Well you’re a poo poo head!!!”

Mouse 2: “Yeah!! What he said!!!”

Mouse 3: Yeah!!! Stupid Cat!!!”

Cat: Here are some links on the net hosted by others who believe the world is flat too!!

Mouse 1: Hey Cat!!! Why don’t you go play with the other poo poo head Cats?”

Result: Cat plays with mice who think they are smarter than the Cat. When Mice try to bite and claw Cat he bats them around until he gets tired and then goes to sleep!

In a few days Cat comes back:

Cat: America didn’t really go to the moon! It was all done in a Hollywood Studio!!!

Mouse (Mental Midget, Inarticulate, Immature, Self Appointed Arbiter of Intelligent Comments):

“Hey there Mr. Cat, you’re a Troll!!

Cat: “Well you do realize that there are many besides myself who believe the world is flat!!”

Mouse 1: “Well you’re a poo poo head!!!”

Cat: Here are some links on the net hosted by others who believe the world is flat too!!

Mouse 1: Hey Cat!!! Why don’t you go play with the other poo poo head Cats?”

Result: Cat plays with mice who think they are smarter than the Cat. When Mice try to bite and claw Cat he bats them around until he gets tired and then goes to sleep!

Over and over and over and over and over again!!

Those mice sure are smart!!! I want to be one when I grow up!!

The world is flat.

Here's a link to others that think the world is flat too: Flat Earth Society
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/