Page 40 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Chan Tai San stories

Sifu Abel, I don't share my age, it depresses me, but regardless, you aren't my type LOL
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

LOL! NOT you, ROT. You are WAY to hairy for me. Heck, we'd stick like velcro.

Ignore him and he'll go away. He's just part of the disease afflicting Chinese martial arts.....

Chinese martial arts are dying out, traditional martial arts with fighting application will be dead in not that long at the rate we're going. Replaced by modern Wushu and Channel 5 movie systems

The reasons should be pretty obvious

1. Too many frauds. How many fake Shaolin monks can the US support? Well, we're finding out every day aren't we? How many fake fighting champions? How many fake "masters of internal". How many fake "Taoist internal masters"?

2. An un educated American public all too eager to buy all the BS and never question it. An un educated American public which wants their martial arts like they want their food, fast, cheap and irregardless of it's health consequences

3. Too few real masters, and the real masters not showing the stuff.

4. A culture that talks about fighting and never fights, looks down on those who fights, and plays critic from the 3rd row.... too many guys convinced their dim mak, eagle claw, weasal kick and deadly chi blast makes them deadly even if they've never sparred in their lives

The off shoot of this is the disgruntled moron like R-O-T who was ripped off and is now convinced it's all crap and can't understand that there were (perhaps in a few place ARE) TCMA people who would ripp his head off and take a huge dump down his neck and he couldn't do jack about it.... I met a few guys who truly scared me in SF's Chinatown... One guy who actually turned me ice cold with a touch due to his needle in cotton training. But he's the only one left and none of his students can do it... in fact, I'm not even sure he's teaching them how to

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

*scrubs brain to remove image*

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    *scrubs brain to remove image*
    Bwahahahaha! The image will now be seared in your brain like so much ahi tuna.

Saan Da?

Hey...be polite ROT guy, you should not make remarks about things and people you do not know about.

I've been TEACHING the martial arts of Chan Tai-San for over 15 years, and I'm not a Saan Da guy. I'm a hit you really hard and fast so that it's hard for you to hit me back, guy. My teacher didn't teach us Saan Da. Sifu David Ross has made a name for himself and his fighters in the Saan Da world as a result of GRM Chan's teachings. He never taught any of us Saan Da. He did teach us how to fight and use techniques the way that he used them.

If you want to beef with Sifu Ross, do so based on your experiences. You want to find out about him, pay him a visit. You'll find him to be curteous and friendly. You are just trying to aggravate him at the expense of my teacher's reputation. Besides, my Sifu is no longer here and cannot defend himself. Keep it clean and keep it technical. It seems like you guys should call each other and waste each others time that way.

SMP

I have immensely enjoyed the Sifu Chan stories by David, Chris and Lama sifu.
    Bravo and thanks for sharing some details.
    I would ignore the trolls and debaters stuck in their grooves who dont seem to understand a true master from another style.

Joy Chaudhuri.

Chris' last post is golden, and on point. As I said earlier, and I really Do hate to sound like Bruce Lee, but it IS like water. It fills different vessels differently, but it is still water....

People couldn't grasp how sifu had studied different arts with so many different teachers and yet, had a FIRM GRASP on ALL OF THEM!!!! I watched him over the years with guys from short hand methods, Sifu Chan would have them wrapped around his finger. The Choy Lay Fut community followed him around like puppy dogs. He'd converse with Shum Leung of Eagle Claw about northern. Sifu Chan knew Hung Kuen, he knew Jow Ga... he was an extraordinary man.... but in large part because he saw essence and didn't care about surface/superficial

A rather dull witted Bak Mei student came down once, "his sifu" did the forms differntly!!! Sifu showed him 5 different ways to do the same thing, they were all Bak Mei, they were all something else, and it totally escaped this dull witted fellow. If "kick a" didn't follow "punch #7" then he couldn't grasp it was Bak Mei...

For our own part, rather dull witted ourselves in our youths, we'd often ask sifu dumb stuff about what was Lama vs Choy Lay Fut, or "isn't that Bak Mei"? He'd shake his head, curse us out and laugh....

I'm sorry it offends some, but Chan Tai San was the real deal, and the real deal was and is hard to find, extremely hard to find. It's simple really, if you weren't there, you'll never grasp it. It's beyond your comprehension. I have students who studied before with other guys, they scratch their heads "you learned all this from ONE GUY"? YES. One very special guy

Wow.

As always, I'm enjoying the stories of the late Chan Tai San. Thanks to all who are contributing them.

R-O-T - you don't do kung fu, don't fight san da, yet you presume to tell a coach of san da and other sport-venue fighters, who actually does kung fu, about san da and kung fu technique? And you're even misrepresenting karate technique with regards to the chambering. Good stuff.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Deleted... I figure there's no use explaining some things most reasonably intellegent people allready get to someone who really doesn't care ROT, if you really want to not disrespect his teacher how about starting a new thread on how traditional CMA does (or doesn't) translate to the ring (or octagon). At least there more experience people can give educational answers without detracting from the Chan Tai San memorial thread. As for what whether the CTS stories are true or not, just choose to believe or not to believe and accept the facts that time machines don't exist, most of the close quarters combat of the various Chinese wars were not captured on video, and knife wielding muggers usually don't haul around the necesary equipment to record their crimes
    Last edited by Brad; 06-15-2005 at 09:51 PM.

R-O-T is just a troll, his posts are plenty of evidence, just ignore him

In news related to Chan Tai San, Michael Parrella recently got some pictures of the temple he was raised at and some history on the monastery. There seems to be some debate as to what the temple was called originally, and what it is called now, etc.... some of it related to "white characters" (a character with same pronunciation but different meaning being substituted) and perhaps politics (Green sounding like the Qing dynasty)

If Michael is still lurking about, I might also suggest he scan the pics he took when sifu Chan was teaching ground fighting. He used to have them, some very interesting pics of Sifu himself teaching ground techniques.... irrefutable evidence of the existance of such techniuqes in the tradition

I also suggest you go back and read my story about Sifu at the NACMAF event, his relating the story of WHD, and Tai Yim's reaction to Sifu telling a story about death and mayhem regarding his Si-Gung

The very first time we went to one of Sifu Tai Yim's events, Sifu Chan is doing his Chi Kung demo. As usual I am translating his comments into English. So you have

Chan Tai San: I am very happy to be here as Sifu Tai Yim's event

Me; translate into English

Chan: I knew him when he was a little boy, I was friends with his teacher and studied with his si-gung

Chan: Tai Yim's Si Gung, the "white haired devil" was very famous

Me: translate into English

Chan: for killing a lot of guys

Me: SILENT (I aint no dummy)

Sifu Chan continued about how the White Haired Devil had killed so many people that their families hired men to go and kill him. I am no dummy, I am not translating this! So on he goes.

The Chinese are dying laughing! The Americans are asking me why I'm not translating. I'm just standing there, hoping he'll change topics. Of course, Sifu Chan continues

Sifu Chan talks about how a bunch of these hired killers surrounded the place White Haired Devil was having tea in, White Haired Devil breaks off the legs of the table that he's eating at, goes outside to beat them to death

I'm not touching it!

Sifu Yim, realizing that the lack of translation is a bad thing, tries to ad lib....

Sifu Tai Yim: "Master Chan is happy to be here. He says that kung fu is excellent for everyone, an excellent way to get healthy"

Only problem, while sifu is talking, he's mimicing the blood and mayhem with his hands. His body language is anything but about "health and spiritual development"

The Chinese in attendance are dying laughing...

Sifu Tai Yim keeps trying to ad libb

Sifu Chan is mimicing White Haired Devil choking to death the last guy

I'm just standing there....

Sifu Chan "and that's how White Haired Devil beat six guys to death with table legs"

I jump right in "and now Sifu Chan will do his next Chi Gung demonstration"

I honestly though Tai Yim was gonna kill me

13. if you read the biography of the white haired devil it doesnt mention him killing anybody:
    http://www.taiyimkungfu.com/System.php
    http://www.geocities.com/ozhungfut/five.html
    http://hungfut.co.uk/

Also what would have happened if you translated what your sifu said word to mouth?

The very first time we went to one of Sifu Tai Yim's events, Sifu Chan is doing his Chi Kung demo. As usual I am translating his comments into English. So you have

Chan Tai San: I am very happy to be here as Sifu Tai Yim's event

Chan: I knew him when he was a little boy, I was friends with his teacher and studied with his si-gung

Chan: Tai Yim's Si Gung, the "white haired devil" was very famous

Me: translate into English

Chan: for killing a lot of guys

Me: SILENT (I aint no dummy)

Sifu Chan continued about how the White Haired Devil had killed so many people that their families hired men to go and kill him. I am no dummy, I am not translating this! So on he goes.

The Chinese are dying laughing! The Americans are asking me why I'm not translating. I'm just standing there, hoping he'll change topics. Of course, Sifu Chan continues

Sifu Chan talks about how a bunch of these hired killers surrounded the place White Haired Devil was having tea in, White Haired Devil breaks off the legs of the table that he's eating at, goes outside to beat them to death

I'm not touching it!

Sifu Yim, realizing that the lack of translation is a bad thing, tries to ad lib....

Sifu Tai Yim: "Master Chan is happy to be here. He says that kung fu is excellent for everyone, an excellent way to get healthy"

Only problem, while sifu is talking, he's mimicing the blood and mayhem with his hands. His body language is anything but about "health and spiritual development"

The Chinese in attendance are dying laughing...

Sifu Tai Yim keeps trying to ad libb

Sifu Chan is mimicing White Haired Devil choking to death the last guy

I'm just standing there....

Sifu Chan "and that's how White Haired Devil beat six guys to death with table legs"

I jump right in "and now Sifu Chan will do his next Chi Gung demonstration"

I honestly though Tai Yim was gonna kill me

(5, 4, 3, 2.......

Ross that story was ****ing priceless the first time you posted it one this thread... Now you've just had me in tears in my office, and I even knew what was going to happen...

Cheers man I want that book when you've written it!