Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Orr Wing Chun Question's 7 - Angles and Pressure

Alan Orr Wing Chun Question's 7 - Angles and Pressure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uYKVYiSdFs&feature=plcp

This weeks clip covers - Angles, pressure (basic) and also leaning! well not leaning really.

More next week - as we have a fight camp on I will post some sparring.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Orr View Post

This weeks clip covers - Angles, pressure (basic) and also leaning! well not leaning really.

Keep those videos coming Alan. I am gaining quite an extensive library on how NOT to do Ving Tsun!

GH

Great video Alan!

IMHO,

Lots of people don't know it is faster to inject force vector then to shift. So angling and shifting is not necessary can be applied all the time, in fact most of the time it doesn't work when some one crush in with a strong momentum. For deep penetration momentum once it is contact, it is hopeless to angle cleanly. That is because a momentum bonding has been created. The two body have link and influence each other , one cannot walk away clean.

And

At the crush in or pin in or momentum cause bounding, the hua Jin neutralize in coming power or fajin issuing power skill are very important. Without those skill is guaranty to run into issue. If both party is using body type of power generation, then it will be a jamming and the bigger momentum one win.

A good definition of WCK inch power is, can one response within a second and within an inch after the contact. Those are critical once the momentum bonding form.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-24-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Great video Alan!

IMHO,

Lots of people don't know it is faster to inject force vector then to shift. So angling and shifting is not necessary can be applied all the time, in fact most of the time it doesn't work when some one crush in with a strong momentum. For deep penetration momentum once it is contact, it is hopeless to angle cleanly. That is because a momentum bonding has been created. The two body have link and influence each other , one cannot walk away clean.

And

At the crush in or pin in or momentum cause bounding, the hua Jin neutralize in coming power or fajin issuing power skill are very important. Without those skill is guaranty to run into issue. If both party is using body type of power generation, then it will be a jamming and the bigger momentum one win.

A good definition of WCK inch power is, can one response within a second and within an inch after the contact. Those are critical once the momentum bonding form.
    Thank you very much Hendrik, coming from you means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Keep those videos coming Alan. I am gaining quite an extensive library on how NOT to do Ving Tsun!

GH
    I don't like to be rude. But as you go out of your way to add your limited view - I will remark. I have seen your chi sao so please don't waste my time and yours. There is a reason why your wing chun is so poor and you show why each time you post.

Thank you very much Hendrik, coming from you means a lot.
    Alan,

You are welcome.

IMHO

It is all about the reality. Are we stand firm on reality or we are not. Are we really experience or are we just speculate. Can we make it works?

In WCK , There are angling and shifting, linking and de linking, load and release.
    Lots of people doesn't know about linking and de link, load and release.

The rest is up to others to take it or leave it.
    It is thier freedom of choice.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-24-2012 at 09:36 AM.

In WCK , There are angling and shifting, linking and de linking, load and release.
    Can you really be serious?

Blog Entries
    Lots of people doesn't know about ...
    Lots of people doesn't know about "how to land your punch on your opponent's face".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-24-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Alan,

You are welcome.

IMHO

It is all about the reality. Are we stand firm on reality or we are not. Are we really experience or are we just speculate. Can we make it works?

The rest is up to others to take it or leave it.
    It is thier freedom of choice.
    It looks like........

Alan = Experence

Henrick = Speculate

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Lots of people doesn't know about "how to land your punch on your opponent's face".
    Too busy linking and delinking....; )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Too busy linking and delinking....; )
    When one spends all his training time in linking and delinking, ... and he doesn't spend any training time in sparring, he won't get any good result from his training.

This thread is talking about "Angles and Pressure". If one only cares about "solo" training, the words "angle" and "pressure" will have no meaning. Angle to what? Pressure on what?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Can you really be serious?
    Hendrik knows what he is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    When one spends all his training time in linking and delinking, ... and he doesn't spend any training time in sparring, he won't get any good result from his training.

This thread is talking about "Angles and Pressure". If one only cares about "solo" training, the words "angle" and "pressure" will have no meaning. Angle to what? Pressure on what?
    You got a very good point.

Hendrik knows what he is talking about.
    Glad you enjoy his pearls of wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post

GH
    LOL! Are you really gaining quite an extensive library on how NOT to do Ving Tsun?