Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Youre nicer than me John
    Haha, thanks Glenn. Because chicks dig the "nice guy."
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    YouKnowWho, you are being too practical here

Wouldn't the world be a better place if we can all "claim" without needing to "prove"? hahahahaha
    Not that I want to get invovled in your personal disagreements with Hendrik John, but I don't think it helps anyone when more senior people who post here debunk peoples 'ideas' without at least trying to understand the discussion.

Hendrik obviously is far better to understand in person, and this seems to have been proven recently through others posting very positive feedback from meeting with him. I too have had my own disagreements with him, and still do, but at least he is still trying to promote his Yik Kam teachings.

FWIW I have yet to see a clip from YOU that proves anything you have said here so far either especially with regards to being able to FIGHT lol! I too am guilty of this as are many many others here but at least I don't feel a burning desire to have to prove myself here on a forum or in my studio. Take me as I am, that's my motto!
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 06-14-2012 at 02:46 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Haha, thanks Glenn. Because chicks dig the "nice guy."
    Maybe thats why they avoid me!!!!

What you doing Saturday..... maybe we should finally catch up

Not that I want to get invovled in your personal disagreements with Hendrik John, but I don't think it helps anyone when more senior people who post here debunk peoples 'ideas' without at least trying to understand the discussion.
    What makes him more senior?

Hendrik obviously is far better to understand in person, and this seems to have been proven recently through others posting very positive feedback from meeting with him. I too have had my own disagreements with him, and still do, but at least he is still trying to promote his Yik Kam teachings.
    And you dont find the way he promotes it condescending?

FWIW I have yet to see a clip from YOU that proves anything you have said here so far either especially with regards to being able to FIGHT lol! I too am guilty of this as are many many others here but at least I don't feel a burning desire to have to prove myself here on a forum or in my studio. Take me as I am, that's my motto!
    He's not Robinson Crusoe there

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post

True, most of my demos (and I have plenty of those) are just that, demos. But at least, I DEMO. And as I say, I am willing to cross hands with people who wants to test my methods. I'll be more than happy to post every video clip on this forum (but then I'll be boring the he11 out of everyone. ). If anyone wants to see what I do, look up user "kulokungfu" and I'm there.

I am not here to debunk anyone. I see Hendrik as a friend and I try my best to be polite, and even suggesting people to meet with Hendrik to investigate. If only I'm not so far away, I too would love to pay Hendrik a visit (and go Yum Cha. Hendrik seems like an interesting guy to have a conversation with).

It would help Hendrik tremendously in promoting his YKT if he too, can demo some practical stuff on video. Wouldn't you agree?

You see, the problem is, WCK these days is becoming a spectator sport; everyone has something to say, but few are willing to put it to the test. If the WC community lose sight of "practicality", it will just become a "theoretical" and "philosophical" game with battles fought over words.

Not everyone wants to fight, or compete, and I respect that. But I urge everyone, PLEASE don't turn WCK into an armchair sport and become the laughing stock of the MA community.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Maybe thats why they avoid me!!!!

What you doing Saturday..... maybe we should finally catch up
    Not working this Saturday, have other commitments in the morning, may be in the afternoon?

Lets not hijack Hendrik's thread. PM me.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

What makes him more senior?
    Just a slip of the typing, nothing meant by it. But saying that I guess Hendrik may be an older student of Wing Chun than John but that's just a guess...

And you dont find the way he promotes it condescending?
    I used to yes, but that's just the way Hednrik writes and I too am guilty (again!) of sometimes doing that like everyone else here

You see, the problem is, WCK these days is becoming a spectator sport; everyone has something to say, but few are willing to put it to the test. If the WC community lose sight of "practicality", it will just become a "theoretical" and "philosophical" game with battles fought over words.
    I disagree. This actually happended 2-3 decades ago when Wing Chun, a complete Chinese Martial Art, was turned into a sansau based 'scientific' kung fu style! Saying that, passed generations at least fought I guess, but the overall basic standard of the fighters was much less then too I suppose so Wing Chun stood its ground. Not so easy these days.

What I believe is wrong with our community is that is IS NOT a community!! Without world wide participation in standardizing what Wing Chun is or isn't we will always have people that can and will take the pi$$ and teach Wing Chun with very little knowledge that has been gained unscupuously from shady teaching, on sites like Youtube or a brief seminar here or there.

And this is only evident when you are in the same room as eachother, as we all know the mirror of Wing Chun can be shattered in many cases when true common sense prevails!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Just a slip of the typing, nothing meant by it. But saying that I guess Hendrik may be an older student of Wing Chun than John but that's just a guess...
    In regards to WC i believe he is, but John has a very stong/long TC background of which they were debating .... amongst other things

I used to yes, but that's just the way Hednrik writes and I too am guilty (again!) of sometimes doing that like everyone else here
    Fair enough, that we all look down our noses from time to time, but i think in Hendriks case it is more than just the way he writes

I disagree. This actually happended 2-3 decades ago when Wing Chun, a complete Chinese Martial Art, was turned into a sansau based 'scientific' kung fu style! Saying that, passed generations at least fought I guess, but the overall basic standard of the fighters was much less then too I suppose so Wing Chun stood its ground. Not so easy these days.
    Great comment about the level of fighters compared to say 30 years ago, on general they are better

What I believe is wrong with our community is that is IS NOT a community!! Without world wide participation in standardizing what Wing Chun is or isn't we will always have people that can and will take the pi$$ and teach Wing Chun with very little knowledge that has been gained unscupuously from shady teaching, on sites like Youtube or a brief seminar here or there.
    I dont see how a standardized approach will help. Get 3 boxers and they will all have their take on a left hook... its the variety and different approach that makes it rich within the same style. For eg, I see WSL as opposed to TST WC and what i see is two different takes on the same style... i like that.

And this is only evident when you are in the same room as eachother, as we all know the mirror of Wing Chun can be shattered in many cases when true common sense prevails!
    Ive trained with heaps of different lineages and on the whole its a slight difference in emphasis that differentiates them. Im yet to see any broken mirrors except in a few cases where the teacher was a fraud

Not working this Saturday, have other commitments in the morning, may be in the afternoon?

Lets not hijack Hendrik's thread. PM me.
    Call you tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    J
    I disagree. This actually happended 2-3 decades ago when Wing Chun, a complete Chinese Martial Art, was turned into a sansau based 'scientific' kung fu style!
    Whoops, Dr. Leung Jaan introduced the Sansik/Sansau back in the 1800's. I believe it's in you lineage too, right? And it was very scientific!

If you want to discuss this, start another thread. Let's not derail Hendrik's thread.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Call you tomorrow
    looking forward to it!
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Whoops, Dr. Leung Jaan introduced the Sansik/Sansau back in the 1800's. I believe it's in you lineage too, right? And it was very scientific!

If you want to discuss this, start another thread. Let's not derail Hendrik's thread.
    Not that I want to get into it here but I will say this... Far too much is emphasis is put on Leung Jans 'Kulo period' which was at the end of his martial art life, his retirement methods so to speak. It should be understood that he did not teach his 12 hands throughout, just at the end, so it shouldn't be concentrated on so much IMHO unless you just want a 'quick fix'. Great for that, not so great for getting a complete picture of Wing Chun like Ip Mans curriculums IMHO.

And yes, some in the Lee family have these methods but they too are far older (from an earlier generation) than the current trends, and so are different again.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Hendrik,

Ok, lets talk physical level.

Why is the YJKYM has toes pointed in? Why does the Wudang Tai He clan adopt the same stance (pre WC)?

Do you know the relationship between YJKYM and the Yin Qiao Mai (channel) and the underlying function, the function of the Qicong Point, the biomechanical relationship between Qihai, Jianjing, Quci, Laogong, Zhongcong?
    Would you like to explain this?
    Any link?

Jox,

I have said what I have to say. The debate is going in a circle. Let's say, we agree to disagree. But I respect your POV.
    Great! Thanks!

I have said what I have to say. The debate is going in a circle. Let's say, we agree to disagree. But I respect your POV.
    I never like to debate .

i am just presenting what is a facts. a fact is better then all the debate. It is always up for people to see what I have present . See it or not that is their freedom.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-14-2012 at 06:21 AM.