Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast

Thread: The Key

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Wasn't Parlotti that big opera singer dude with the beard?

My father in law used to talk about how he liked the three tenors - Carreras, Parlotti and Mandingo
    Hehehe

Pavarotti had a great voice. He went too early, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Orr View Post
    We have guys at all weights and would be more than happy to test our understand of wing chun as taught to us my my teacher Robert Chu.
    That should have been the end of the thread. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    Actually it is simple logic something that this forum often lacks.

By learning from other teachers and cross training in different arts. I'm sure since you're doing MMA you're spending quite some time cross training in non wing chun styles (I.E boxing,MT, BJJ, Wrastlin,etc,etc) correct?

Better to guage the art at its "purest" by sparring with the guy who does Chu Wing Chun soley rather than chu WC+ MMA don't ya think?

To be fair almost everyone claims this about their style, teacher, school yadda yadda.
    This makes no sense to me at all.

All it does is shows is limited thinking.

I have pure CSL Wing Chun - that has all the stand up skills I need. Its not mixed with boxing or a mma. It works in MMA thats application of my wing chun. We have chinese Boxing skills - again application of our art. We don't need to mix it, we learn from other arts and see how we would do what we see within our wing chun framework, if its not within our prinicles then we would not use it.

I have pure wrestling

I have pure BJJ

If I strike I use wing chun, if I clinch I have wing chun and if its a tight clinch then I have wrestling. It goes to the ground I have BJJ and I have wrestling. If I strike on the ground will be with my wing chun striking. Understanding the ground positioning would be my BJJ and wrestling.

Alan

Guys no offence, but seriously last decade called and wants its thread back.

I no longer wear a mullet, or drive a Camaro, so for similar reasons I'm staying out of this argument.

However, once I become independantly wealthy I'll be more than happy to write checks with my mouth my body can't cash and purchase airline tickets to travel around and kick all y'all's a@$$es.

I'll let you know when that works out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post

I no longer wear a mullet, or drive a Camaro, so for similar reasons I'm staying out of this argument.

However, once I become independantly wealthy I'll be more than happy to write checks with my mouth my body can't cash and purchase airline tickets to travel around and kick all y'all's a@$$es.

I'll let you know when that works out for me.

Its always the same on these forums. Guys like tony talk a load of BS. then we waste a load of time going over the same BS. then everyone thinks its all gone to far and we are all bigger that this. Then 2 months later the same BS starts again!

The only reason I come on this forum is to make clear that guys like Tony can not just keep repeating lies to the wing chun world without someone calling them on it.

Otherwise I would agree with you.

If you look at any of my forum posts you will see I am either passing on news, answering a question or the big waste of time - dealing with BS from keybroad warriors. That I could do without. I don' t have the time as I am training with real martial artists in the real world.

Alan

Alan,

I would like to give props to you and your people for the way you train and compete. I am a former chunner who now does nogi BJJ at the recreational level. In my opinion you are training the way any martial art should be trained. Anyone who steps into the ring or onto the mats recognizes good training when they see it and the ones doing the complaining obviously have not stepped up to good training as of yet. Thank you for posting in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    Alan,

I would like to give props to you and your people for the way you train and compete. I am a former chunner who now does nogi BJJ at the recreational level. In my opinion you are training the way any martial art should be trained. Anyone who steps into the ring or onto the mats recognizes good training when they see it and the ones doing the complaining obviously have not stepped up to good training as of yet. Thank you for posting in this forum.
    Thanks Bro thats very kind.

Best

Alan

Its always the same on these forums. Guys like tony talk a load of BS. then we waste a load of time going over the same BS. then everyone thinks its all gone to far and we are all bigger that this. Then 2 months later the same BS starts again!
    Some people value tradition and art preservation more, others value application more. There's disagreements, discussions - that's human interaction. In person it's a little more real, online there's challenges.

I guess I feel that a person's history means less, and others feel it defines a person. Whatever the case this stuff is just so old - none of the players involved really are in the same position or doing the same stuff.

You don't really post much around here any more - not much perspective on MMA aspects of WCK here, which would be welcome contributions.

As far as testing, I'd come visit you guys like anyone else. I'm from a HFY background but don't live around HFY guys so train MMA/BJJ mostly and try to stay sharp on my WCK best I can. I'd be happy to train with your guys - without the need to 'defend anyone's honor' or whatever. None of that really changes much there anyway so I'd rather do it with a good attitude than being all tweaked and upset.

People are so attracted to the drama.

Some people value tradition and art preservation more, others value application more. There's disagreements, discussions - that's human interaction. In person it's a little more real, online there's challenges.

I guess I feel that a person's history means less, and others feel it defines a person. Whatever the case this stuff is just so old - none of the players involved really are in the same position or doing the same stuff.

You don't really post much around here any more - not much perspective on MMA aspects of WCK here, which would be welcome contributions.

As far as testing, I'd come visit you guys like anyone else. I'm from a HFY background but don't live around HFY guys so train MMA/BJJ mostly and try to stay sharp on my WCK best I can. I'd be happy to train with your guys - without the need to 'defend anyone's honor' or whatever. None of that really changes much there anyway so I'd rather do it with a good attitude than being all tweaked and upset.

People are so attracted to the drama.
    Good post!

Hope others can see you can talk, chat, agree and disagree without having to make it personal.

You would be very welcome. I have a great group of guys, who always welcome others and treat people well.

You never see any of my guys bad mouthing others on the internet, we train hard, fight hard and support learning.

The only reason I come on this forum is to make clear that guys like Tony can not just keep repeating lies to the wing chun world without someone calling them on it.
    Alan, it goes both ways. You acting like your sifu never did any of the things in the past, or now, is also a lie to yourself. He continues to repeat these types of behavior day after day, year after year.

He repeats talking 'a load of BS' over and over, here in writing for everyone to see. He can obviously speak for himself, why not let him defend himself when he talks himself into a corner? And if you didn't notice, it's a lot more than just 'HFY people' that have issue with it. It's not an 'us' vs 'him' thing as you try to make it into.. Maybe if he just stopped this type of behavior, you might see the BS goes away.

I understand you 'defending your sifu', but, imo it's also blind loyalty to defend him without really looking at all (or any) of the real issues. Well, I guess I can understand and expect this type of blind loyalty from guys that tatoo their sifu's name on their body..
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 07-09-2010 at 12:32 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Alan, it goes both ways. You acting like your sifu never did any of the things in the past, or now, is also a lie to yourself. He continues to repeat these types of behavior day after day, year after year.

He repeats talking 'a load of BS' over and over, here in writing for everyone to see. He can obviously speak for himself, why not let him defend himself when he talks himself into a corner? And if you didn't notice, it's a lot more than just 'HFY people' that have issue with it. It's not an 'us' vs 'him' thing as you try to make it into.. Maybe if he just stopped this type of behavior, you might see the BS goes away.

I understand you 'defending your sifu', but, imo it's also blind loyalty to defend him without really looking at all (or any) of the real issues. Well, I guess I can understand and expect this type of blind loyalty from guys that tatoo their sifu's name on their body..

My teacher is his own man. I have been training with him for about 12 years now. He is my teacher mentor and friend. I never posted or talked about hfy on any fourm until I talked to Benny directly. After that I had a few things to say, as benny confirm that the lies some of the his group where putting out should not have been allowed to continue. After that and again a second meeting with him they stopped - just a few carry on.

Not sure what you are talking about. My teacher has ideas which he can clear talks about - thats a point of view or to some a truth.

If you don't agree its not personal is it? Unless your ego is hurt.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. Aristotle

My tattoo personal to me, it does not make me blind as my teacher opened my eyes to real wing chun.

We don't hide.

It must be part of the higher training in hfy to make personal comments without being direct.

(HEY I think I just did that. Maybe I can now learn the 2 scroll lol)

I did it again lol I have learnt much, thank you

I have heard all the BS and I know first hand as I took the time to talk to the people. Face to face everyone has been very nice to me, only in the internet do we have these BS comments.
    LOL.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan Orr; 07-09-2010 at 12:50 PM.

My teacher is his own man.
    Exactly, so then why not stfu and stay out of it? If I have a problem with the way Robert (or anyone else) acts/talks here on the forum, or elsewhere, I address it directly. This has nothing to do with you. So, I don't need to talk to you about it, unless you feel he isn't man enough to talk for himself? IMO all you are here to do is to distract from the issues being presented (as I notice, most all of them get ignored by him and you anyway)

As far as any personal issues you had with Benny, that's just more smoke screen that has nothing to do with Robert's crap talk and gossiping.
    And don't try to BS me and act like you guys were all cool and buddy buddy. I talked to him too, and I read what what both you and he posted on the subject. Are you that stupid that you've forgotten all that? It's all in the silly thread Robert linked too a few pages back since your memory lapsed. You know, the one where again, Robert had you do the talking for him like a puppet.
    Can't you ever just let him talk for himself??

As for the rest of your post, I don't know what the hell you're even talking about. That's great, you don't hide. Wonderful. I didn't know anyone was playing hide and seek, but good for you I guess

I'm done talking to you. If I have issues with Robert, I bring them up to him directly. I don't have to go through you to talk to him.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

I agree, some stuff should just be left in the past.
    But many of the same issues from the past are still going on here in the present. Robert's crap talk and gossiping, while nothing new, hasn't stopped. Just because they might be old issues, I don't think they should be ignored when they continue in the present.

Ok, I'm done with this subject. Till next thread anyway

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Exactly, so then why not stfu and stay out of it? If I have a problem with the way Robert (or anyone else) acts/talks here on the forum, or elsewhere, I address it directly. This has nothing to do with you. So, I don't need to talk to you about it, unless you feel he isn't man enough to talk for himself? IMO all you are here to do is to distract from the issues being presented (as I notice, most all of them get ignored by him and you anyway)

As far as any personal issues you had with Benny, that's just more smoke screen that has nothing to do with Robert's crap talk and gossiping.
    And don't try to BS me and act like you guys were all cool and buddy buddy. I talked to him too, and I read what what both you and he posted on the subject. Are you that stupid that you've forgotten all that? It's all in the silly thread Robert linked too a few pages back since your memory lapsed. You know, the one where again, Robert had you do the talking for him like a puppet.
    Can't you ever just let him talk for himself??

As for the rest of your post, I don't know what the hell you're even talking about. That's great, you don't hide. Wonderful. I didn't know anyone was playing hide and seek, but good for you I guess

I'm done talking to you. If I have issues with Robert, I bring them up to him directly. I don't have to go through you to talk to him.

You can not help yourself, can you, with you ---- if he is man enough -- are you that stupid -- puppet -- ?? f--k you

No in fact I am not stupid and I am sure my teacher is more that man enough to answer a BS posts on the internet. Thats not the issue.

The only reason I posted was not to help my teacher defend himself from 'forum posting' ( a big worry lol). The reason was that I am sick of guys like Tony and you posting BS lies and going on and on about the past. Grow up and move on.

I will always question BS on these points.

In terms of general posts - everytime my teacher asks a question on the background of hfy you want to jump on the lie wagon to move away from the question.

Tell you what I will do for you. I will post series of questions that I have about the background and history of hfy and if you want you can see if you can answer them without being personal of taking about the past.
    Last edited by Alan Orr; 07-09-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Here's a good example of a lie, and it shows how not credible Tony Jacobs and JPinAZ are. They both accused me from stealing from Andreas Hoffman and weng chun hip action.

I got this from Andreas Hoffman today:

Statement:

Sifu Robert Chu didnīt take away from me the hip actions or other methods of Weng Chun, he has been practicing his method before I ever met him.
    Andreas Hoffmann

The story that I stole from Weng Chun or Andreas is fictitious, as are many of the other stories spun with a smattering of fact.

Tony nor JP never met me in person, never discussed my side of events, only wanted to cause more discord. They relied on hearsay and events they had already informed opinions of. To me, that is prejudging or prejudice. In my opinion, they are also making up stuff.

I think some of the HFY people here have fallen for stories when BM and I had a falling out years ago. Its sad, but we had our differences, but unfortunately, they also got attached to more than two people who had a difference. Over time, they got out of hand and ridiculous. Some have become victims of a meme, and it has downloaded a virus in their minds - they have become prejudiced, not seeing me as a human being anymore, but their concept of me. To reduce me to this false person, they are committing prejudice which they wish to spread more.

Things happen, what has passed has passed. BM and I did regrettable stupidity in the past, but we have spoken to put it behind us. Neither of us are the same people anymore. People grow and certainly things in the past were acted upon the level of consciousness (or unconsciousness) at that time. Bringing up the past doesn't make anything better today.

Most rational people, they let things go and move on. As for these 2 individuals, it goes on ad nauseum. Their only reason is to defame me and commit libel.

I hope the statement above from Master Hoffmann can perhaps bring some reason with these two. Yes, I have done some stupid things in the past, but hardly to the exaggeration of some of their tales.

Peace.
    Last edited by chusauli; 07-09-2010 at 03:10 PM.