Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tea Baggers and violence

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    We're not far behind you. And we are catching up fast....
    LOL...who is we? You live in Texas, which has one of the lowest Tax burdens in the country.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/s...s-20080807.swf
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I am usually one to apply Occam's Razor to pretty much anything.

Tea party people by that measure are basically this:

a) predominantly white folks

b) predominantly right wing (far)

c) carefully racist

d) poorly educated about their government

e) poorly educated about their constitution and bill of rights

f) mostly educated by Glen Beck, Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh

g) are fixated on Ronald Reagan for some weird reason ( Hey, he's dead! H'es not coming back and he was long ago and far away...like starwars. lol )
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I don't trust either party but Rush (and those of his ilk) has stated repeatedly, and ad nauseum, that Obama plans to raise taxes but now a report comes out saying that only 47% will do so, which I thought is a good thing that they don't based on exemptions, credits, etc.

Now Rush is mad that these same people have followed the law and through leagl means, they do not have to pay or are owed money! It seems to depend on which strategy will aggravate the Taa Party with their smoke and mirrors, policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    and who are you again?
    I'm the guy who says interest rates did not soar during Reagan's terms. And I'm the guy thats right about that. It is what it is.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    LOL...who is we? You live in Texas, which has one of the lowest Tax burdens in the country.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/s...s-20080807.swf
    By 'we', I meant Americans. Not Texans.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I am usually one to apply Occam's Razor to pretty much anything.

Tea party people by that measure are basically this:

c) carefully racist

d) poorly educated about their government

e) poorly educated about their constitution and bill of rights
    STFU with that racist crap. The Democrats are the Party with the KKK Exalted Cyclops sitting in the Senate. Not the Tea Party. Not the Republicans.

And let's see what the Exalted Cyclops says on race:
    "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds." -Robert Byrd (D-WV)

You show me anything like that garbage coming out of a Tea Party speaker.

As to education, look up "Obama voters" on YouTube if you really want to see uneducated morons taking part in the political process.
    Last edited by 1bad65; 04-08-2010 at 01:36 PM.

You show me anything like that garbage coming out of a Tea Party speaker.

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Blog Entries
    If you don't think taxes are going up to pay for all this "free" healthcare, you're insane. And FYI, the regime just yesterday said a Federal sales tax may be coming soon...
    I thought Austin, Texas is still a blue city in the red state.

7 years ago right after I retired from IBM in Austin, Tx, my health insurace cost me $500 monthly. 7 years later it cost me $1,100 monthly. Since I live on fix amount of IBM pension check, if my health insurance double in another 7 years, I won't be able to afford it. I have worked for IBM for 28 years and retired formally. I consider myself as middle class and hard working people. If I have problem with the current health insurance, I can see others who are in my age will have the same problem.

If the insurance company win, we'll all lose.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-08-2010 at 03:02 PM.

I'm the guy who says interest rates did not soar during Reagan's terms. And I'm the guy thats right about that. It is what it is.
    I think there's some confusion over terminology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_interest_rate

The "real interest rate" is approximately the nominal interest rate minus the inflation rate (see Fisher equation and below for exact equation). Since the inflation rate over the course of a loan is not known initially, volatility in inflation represents a risk to both the lender and the borrower.
    because that guy's not wrong.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w3037
    (national bureau of economic research)

During the first Reagan term, the battle to lower inflation acted to
    maintain the high real interest rates carried over from the Carter years
    and, while the increase in structural deficits did not raise real rates
    much, the reduction in private saving due to the unwinding of the second
    OPEC shock and an aggressive foreign policy that heightened fear of nuclear
    war raised real interest rates to levels not seen since the late 1920s.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Blog Entries
    One thing that I don't understand is when Bush started the war and spent lot of federal government money, the right wind conservative didn't say anything. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I have worked for IBM for 28 years and retired formally.
    I used to work for ibm from 1998 to 2000 in the AIX risc/6000 tech support group.
    I remember trying to find your training group at the park a few times, but didn't have any luck; didn't realize you actually worked there - i lived right across the street.
    ended up training with pickens.
    small world

my health insurance recently jumped almost $100 a month and the amount of service went down. this is supposedly in preparation for taxes that aren't going to hit for another 8 years. i doubt i'll even be at the same company or on the same insurance in 5 years, let alone 8. so i'm not a huge fan of insurance companies and believe very little of what they say. if this legislation does half of what it's been touted/promised to do I don't think i'll complain.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

One thing that I don't understand is when Bush started the war and spent lot of federal government money, the right wind conservative didn't say anything. Why?
    my point exactly.

and why weren't they talking about "big brother" or our civil rights being eroded when the patriot act was eclipsing the bill of rights? or when the previous administration was caught straight out ignoring the privacy act and other protections when it suited them? where were these Tea Party people then?

given that my dad was military, i grew up with a lot of conservative influence, but these days I just can't believe anything that comes out of their mouths.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    I used to work for ibm from 1998 to 2000 in the AIX risc/6000 tech support group.
    I remember trying to find your training group at the park a few times, but didn't have any luck; didn't realize you actually worked there - i lived right across the street.
    ended up training with pickens.
    small world
    My group used to meet next to the basketball court. Right now that park had been converted into a shopping center now.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/Ug2bD...etEjLlZqv-_fow
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-08-2010 at 03:16 PM.

My group used to meet next to the basketball court. Right now that park had been converted into a shopping center now.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/Ug2bD...etEjLlZqv-_fow
    wait, that's not on IBM campus is it?
    maybe i was thinking the wrong park entirely!

Blog Entries
    Maybe you still remember this park:

http://johnswang.com/Side_Door_Chop.wmv

http://johnswang.com/tearing_resist.wmv

Sorry for the side track. Now come back to the tea party. I believe there are at most 20% of ths US population who share the same view with the tea party. It's a minority group that will not do much harm to US any way.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-08-2010 at 03:29 PM.